I. How we use the data we gather
A. Handling of the commercial relationship
HYGITECH as Data Controller processes your personal data for the purpose of managing your customer account and our commercial relationship, and in particular for the purposes of receiving, attending to and storing details of your orders, of enabling your accounting documents to be up/downloaded and consulted, and of enabling you to benefit from personalised promotions and recommendations.
The legal bases of this processing are the performance of contracts made or to be made with HYGITECH, your consent, and HYGITECH’s legitimate interests. HYGITECH’s legitimate interests are the need to put in place and improve our tools for the distance selling of our products and services and also to constantly improve our services to our customers, not least by improving our knowledge of their professional requirements.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent this will not retrospectively delegitimize the gathering and storing of your data which took place before that withdrawal.
The data gathered are essential for this service, and are disclosed to the relevant department at HYGITECH and to any service providers we commission. Your data are kept throughout the contractual relationship, and longer if the law requires.
B. Subscription to the newsletter
HYGITECH as Data Controller processes your personal data for the purpose of managing and attending to your subscription to the newsletter. Our newsletters include information about our existing products and services and also about new products and services, the content of the HYGITECH Academy, and exclusive offers which might interest you. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent this will not retrospectively delegitimize the gathering and storing of your data which took place before that withdrawal. You can unsubscribe completely from our newsletters by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link to be found on all our newsletters. Please note that if you ask us to stop sending you newsletters we shall still keep some of your personal information and your request, in order that we can be sure that your name has indeed been removed from the newsletter mailing list.
The data gathered are essential for this service, and are disclosed to the relevant department at HYGITECH and to any service providers we commission, for purposes which include the forwarding of e-mails. Your data are kept for three years from the end of the commercial relationship or from the date on which they were gathered or from the last time you contact us.
C. Communications to prospective customers
Please note that HYGITECH as Data Controller processes your personal data for the purpose of offering you products and services connected with the oral hygiene and dentistry professions.
The legal basis of this processing is our legitimate interests. HYGITECH’s legitimate interests are the need to put in place and improve our canvassing and marketing tools as part of the distance selling of our products and services.
For that purpose, we may have already had occasion to gather the following personal data concerning you:
- Title, Last Name, First name
- Telephone number
- e-mail address
- Fax number
- Business information
These data are disclosed to the relevant department at HYGITECH and to any service providers we commission. Your data are kept for three years from the date on which they were gathered or from the last time you contact us.
II. What data we gather
“Personal data” are all items of information that could enable you to be personally identified, directly or indirectly. We may gather your personal data when you give an order to HYGITECH or in the course of conversations or correspondence with HYGITECH’s representatives or at an event organised by HYGITECH. The personal data we gather about you depend on the kind of interaction between us; they may include any of the following:
A. details provided by you directly
1. Contact details
We gather your professional contact details, including last name, first name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address &c.
2. Account dataWe gather information such as the way(s) in which you have purchased items from HYGITECH, your transaction history, invoices and any other service connected with the account you have created.
3. Security dataWe gather User IDs, passwords, and similar security details needed to authenticate your access to your HYGITECH account.
4. PreferencesWe gather details of your preferences and interests in connection with our products, and details of how you prefer to be contacted.
5. Data on social mediaOur website may contain optional links to social media enabling you to share information with your social networks or interact with us. Depending on their nature, the use of these functions may result in data concerning you being gathered and shared. We urge you to check the privacy policies of the social media you use and your account settings on each of them, so that you know what kinds of data are gathered, used and shared by those websites.
6. Other identifying detailsExamples of other identifying details we may gather about you: product serial numbers, details given by you when interacting with our sales or customer service departments in person, online or by telephone or e-mail; your replies to surveys, or additional information you have given to facilitate the delivery of our products and help us answer your queries. You are not obliged to share the personal data we ask for. However, if you choose not to share them we shall in some cases be unable to provide you with HYGITECH’s services or respond effectively to your queries.
B. Information gathered automatically
1. Product dataWe gather data on orders of our products.
2. Web browsing dataWe gather details about your visits to our websites www.HYGITECH.com and www.HYGITECH.co.uk or to apps or websites “optimised” for us by other companies, including what you do there, the content you view and how you interact with it, the URL you arrived from and other navigating details (such as the pages you view, the links you click on, and the items you put in your shopping basket). Some of these details are gathered by our automatic data collection tools including cookies, tags and built-in web links.
3. Anonymous or aggregate dataWe may gather anonymous survey replies or other anonymous (aggregate) information.
III. Security of your informationTo prevent any unauthorised access or dissemination and to ensure that these data are used properly, we have put in place a number of physical, technical and administrative procedures specially designed to ensure the security of the data we gather or process. HYGITECH keeps data only for legitimate commercial purposes, and always in accordance with the law. For the purpose of handling payments via the website we also make use of a secure banking service provider. That service gives us stronger protection against the fraudulent use of credit cards or financial information.
IV. Sharing your data
We will not share your personal data except as follows:
A. Sharing with other HYGITECH Group companies
We may, for the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement, transfer your personal information to other entities linked in terms of ownership with HYGITECH. To ensure the security of your personal data such entities have a contractual obligation to comply with our privacy protection requirements. In addition, we give our employees at HYGITECH instructions concerning privacy protection. When you access our website, register for a product, or give us your personal information in any other way, you authorise us to transfer your personal information throughout the HYGITECH Group in this way.
B. Sharing with service providers
We work with service providers who help us manage or support some aspects of our operation. These service providers may be located in Europe or outside the EU; we may have commissioned them to process credit cards or manage fraud prevention services, online registration, product delivery, content or product personalisation, advertising and marketing activities (including personalised digital advertising), IT services, messaging services, data storage, customer satisfaction surveys, debt recovery, and website management or support for www.HYGITECH.com and www.HYGITECH.co.uk. All have a contractual obligation to respect the confidentiality of personal data received from us and never to use them for any other purpose than carrying out their missions as specified in accordance with HYGITECH’s requirements.
V. Cookies policy
VI. Right of access, right to object, right to withdraw consent
You have the right to access your data, to have them corrected or erased, to object to their processing or have it restricted, to require portability of your data and to specify what should happen to your data after your death. You can also withdraw your consent at any time, or submit a complaint to a supervisory authority. Please note that if you exercise the above rights we shall still keep some of your personal information and your request, in order that we can be sure that your rights have indeed been duly exercised.
You can exercise these rights by writing to DPO@hygitech.com or to The DPO, HYGITECH, 109 bis avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine FRANCE, attaching or enclosing a copy of an identity document.
VII. Amendments to our declaration of conformity